3.13.2008

yes, we really did this

my best friend, Bobbie, came to visit me last week while my family was in France skiing, and let me just say, we had fun. so much fun, in fact, that we had to take some pictures to document all the fun we were having!







okay, so basically we just wanted to take pictures of us doing all the 'rich stuff' in my amazing house here. we're silly. but anyway, we really did have lots of fun - made tons of good food, drank tons of wine, and watched tons of 'Gilmore Girls'. it was a Girls Week, definitely.

i also had a visitor this last weekend, Connie - she's an au pair in Paris. we took some great pictures. i'll get those up pretty soon...but for now, i have to get to workin' cause my FOURTH set of visitors in FOUR weeks are coming today! that's right...my dad and sister are coming today and staying through next week. it's going to be their first trip to Europe, so that's exciting. lots of pressure there :)

some comments about these pictures -

1 - my family has a Golf Room in their house. it's basically a driving range...there's a computer that's hooked up to the big screen on the wall and when you hit your ball into, it tells you how many feet you drove the ball, and all sorts of other technical stuff that i don't understand. they use it often, for those who are wondering :)
2 - how about bobbie's glass of wine in the cupholder? we didn't realize that til after we were looking at the pictures.
3 - the hot tub. it's my lifeline some days when all i want to do is take a bath, as there's NO bathtubs in this house.
4- bobbie in the steam sauna. sometimes it feels sooo good to sit in there, especially when it's cold out.
5 - watching a movie in the Theater Room. the screen comes down from the ceiling, as do the window shades, with the touch of a remote button. also note the extremely IKEA-like bed that comes down from the wall.
6- my hand at golfing. not such a good one. by the way, the room looks really small, but it's actually a pretty good size. big enough to annoy me when i'm picking up golf balls every day :)

3 comments:

Puttin' On The GRITS said...

An Au Pair in Stockholm!?! How fun is that! I was wondering who my Stockholm reader was! I'm glad you finally delurked! I'm looking forward to reading your blog.

Stephanie said...

Me. So. Jealous. Of pretty much everything but the wine. But even my primarily non-drinking self occasionally wants to now that I officially "can't". So, scratch that. Jealous of everything.

Bobbie said...

Hey...your missing the pic. of us cuddling on the couch!! LOL! Miss ya! Love ya.