2.21.2008

my crazy life

so, is anybody still reading this?? i've been awful about updating lately, mainly because i had a friend (BOYfriend...) visiting and then was gone this last weekend in Sicily. and to further make blogging a pain in the butt rather than something i enjoy, my computer has completely quit working and is currently at Joakim's office getting fixed.

but, in good news, i am now the proud and happy owner of a pair of...

my red Wellies! Brad surprised me with them when he came, and let me tell you - i was THRILLED. pictures to come at a later time...

we spent the weekend in Sicily, took a cheap flight on RyanAir - our tickets cost less than $100 US dollars combined - to Trapani, which is on the West Coast of Sicily. we rented a car and drove where the road led and decided that Sicily definitely did not disappoint. The landscape was gorgeous - rugged hills and cliffs overlooking the bright blue and aqua Mediterranean sea, little bed and breakfast's tucked into hillsides, ancient ruins right next to the coast...it was a photo opp everytime we turned a corner. and, the most surprising thing, the people were SO incredibly friendly. we had 3 different people drive us in their own personal cars where we needed to go when we were simply asking for directions...i'm sure it was just easier for them to do this rather than try to awkwardly tell us in Italian that they didn't speak English (because NOBODY does, believe me) and have us stare back and laugh uncomfortably. so - go visit Sicily! but i would recommend doing it in the summer cause the off-season, while being cheaper, is very uneventful.

let's see - coming up i have Bobbie, my best friend in Minneapolis, visiting this next week while the family is skiing in France (don't worry, i'm only missing out cause we're all going back next month). after Bobbie is Connie in France for the weekend, then my Dad and sister, and then it will be my turn to go to Chamonix...the French Alps. April brings a trip to Barcelona (my Christmas present from the family) with Nikki and Philly, and another trip at the end of the month to LegoLand in Copenhagen. In May we'll be going to Gothenburg for a marathon that Annelie is running, and the kids also have a camp of some sort during that month. In June we'll be going to Bali, and July will also be full of traveling to northern Sweden, the coast of Sweden to the summer houses and then back to France. and then i come home! i figured it out last night that i have only FIVE weekends left in this country where i don't have anything planned (not working, traveling or on vacation). hard to believe.

anyway, that's all i've got. hopefully i'll get my computer back soon cause i've got some great pictures of the kids, Brad and Sicily.

have a great weekend!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm still reading!
Ummm...but maybe I'll stop because I'm insanely jealous of your travels. ;)
What a FUN experience!

Bobbie said...

That BOYfriend must be a really really close BOYfriend to come all the way to Sweden to visit you!! "I'm just sayin'" I can't wait to see you...did you get my email...Do we have any fun adventures planned? Email ME!!

Stephanie said...

I still read, still check every day, still wait for you to call me back...:) Love you.

Anonymous said...

one of those five weekends we are taking the ferry to finland- so you really only have 4

Christopher Dupuis said...

OK, so I am jealous. I can not, reading your blogs give some excitment to my not so exciting day. I can not wait to see pictures.

Annie said...

exactly why you need to work in the travel industry.