2.06.2008

to pass the time...

i think i have mentioned that all three of my kids love Star Wars? well, they do. even klara, my little girly-girl. i got a call from annelie this morning at 7:45 (after getting to bed around...oh, 3:30am) letting me know that klara would need to stay home today cause she's been coughing, and could i please come in at 8:30? so here it is, 9:40am, sixten and klara are absolutely entranced by Star Wars III, and i'm on my second latte of the day (yep, i'm officially spoiled at this job...plain 'ol morning coffee will never appeal to me again...).

so, having said all that, i thought i'd write a little bit about my Pilates experience last night, and post a few pictures...you know, just to entertain myself until 10am. at that point, i could be going on latte no. 3.

for those of you that have done Pilates, you'd agree that it requires a bit of technique, right? i took some classes in Minneapolis and really enjoyed them, but always struggled to make sure i was breathing at the right time and the right way, contracting the right stomach muscles, etc. so i get to my first Pilates class last night, and it's in Swedish. obviously. i've done a variety of classes since i've been here, some aerobics and spinning classes. the language barrier didn't really keep me from following along, so i figured that Pilates couldn't be that much different.

i was wrong. i spent that WHOLE dang class - which had around 40 to 50 women in it - squeezed into a corner and craning my neck to see up to the little stage where the teacher was. she spoke for about 15 minutes just on the importance of breathing and contracting the right stomach muscles, and i only know this cause she kept making every breathe in and out while holding her stomach. i thought it would be better once she got through the instructions and into the actual workout, but nope - i couldn't see her well, couldn't understand her, and so the whole class was a bit frustrating. i was lifting my leg when everyone else was putting theirs down, lowering my butt from the 'shoulder raise' when everyone else was bringing theirs up. living in a foreign country has given me a very real compassion for foreigners in America...it's definitely not easy to live in a place where you don't understand anything.

there you have it, my Pilates experience. i know your life was enriched by it.

okay, so i LOOOOVE j.crew. like, love them, love them, love them. if you're a fan, you should go check out their new arrivals, cause they have some CUTE stuff. and then be glad that you're in America and can easily go buy whatever you want. or at least have the option to. which is more than i can say :) here's a few of my favorite pieces -


picture no. 1 - love that shirt. the color, the soft material, and the fact that the sleeves have ribbed hems
picture no. 2 - love those pants, they look classy and yet, comfortable
picture no. 3 - at first i just liked the trouser cut of the jeans, but then decided that i LOVE that little yellow sweater...i hear yellow's the IN color for spring?

in other happenings, i went to the Absolut Vodka Ice Bar here in Stockholm, and while being a really cool concept - it's made completely of ice, even down to your glass - it's really not worth it for how much it cost. anyway...

this is me with the Dugick's, my friend (and fellow au pair) Nikki's family. they are WONDERFUL.

and this is to show you that, even in the middle of winter-y December, Stockholm can have some gorgeous sunsets...i took this in the backyard one evening overlooking the lake -



and lastly, here's my favorite pictures of my littlest peanut -


alright, hope you guys enjoyed my randomness :)

1 comment:

Crystal said...

wow! that sunset is gorgeous!! i love looking at your pics seanna!