10.14.2007

these oatmeal raisin cookies are SWEDISH

This weekend was pretty laid back for me. Friday held some drama, as the coat I was wearing out got stolen at a bar, which had my cell phone and brand new lip gloss in it. Definitely a bummer...I keep wondering how it happened cause we were in the nicest part of town! On Saturday, I watched Sixten and Klara while the rest of the family was out for Kasper's birthday party - they were going go-karting, which is a little much for a 3 and 5 year old. So the three of us stayed home, and after they had lost half their brain cells while playing PS2 I decided that it was time to do something productive....

Make cookies! I was in need of some comfort food, so I found a recipe on the Internet for oatmeal cookies that didn't require baking soda (I'm not sure you can even find that here...at least, not at the grocery store I went to).
Here's the recipes...and if you can read the labels, can you see why it's so confusing?


socker - sugar
bakpulver - baking powder
vanillensocker - vanilla sugar (I think they use this in place of extract? we did)
vetemjol - baking flour

I got the recipe online and rounded everything up, and then me and the kids went to town throwing this and and that in. I (stupidly) let the 3-year-old put the egg in. Here's the result of me picking out all the eggshells from the batter:


After we had mixed everything I let the kids dig their hands into the batter and roll little balls of cookies to put on the baking sheet...they loved that part, obviously.




Sixten is so silly. But anyway, after they dug their hands in the mix for a while and blobbed all the cookies together on the sheet, we put it in the oven at 200 degrees celsius, which might have been a little warm cause I left the room and came back 10 minutes later and those cookies were brown. After they cooled I let them have a couple, which surprisingly, they liked! I thought that since it had oatmeal and raisins in it that they wouldn't eat them...but they did.


That was the cookie-baking adventure of the day...it was fun. In other news, here's a picture of me with my new camera - I LOVE IT!


I've only tonight discovered the powers of editing your photos. The camera came with an editing software that is probably not that great by professional standards, but by my ridiculously amateur standards, it's amazing. That's another thing I've learned - always edit your photos! The difference is incredible.

Lastly, those of you that know me know that I love, love, love a book called Strong Women Soft Hearts by an author named Paula Rinehart. Since I love her book so much - it is life changing, ladies, I highly recommend it - I signed up to be on her email list. Just yesterday I got an email from her saying that she was having a new book coming out called "Better Than My Dreams: Finding What You Long For Where You Might Not Think to Look"


Well, if that title didn't speak to me about where I am in my life right now, I don't know what does. I hotfooted over to amazon.com and have ordered my copy! It should be here in 6-22 days. I hate international shipping.
The week looks pretty low-key for me...I start my new Bible study on Tuesday with the girls from my church, and then Thursday-Sunday I've got all the kiddos cause the parents are going to Lithuania or somewhere for the weekend. Should be interesting, four days is a long time for kids to go without their parents. But it should be alright, cause I think they're used to it. Hopefully I will still have hair left in my head come Sunday.

1 comment:

Partake7 said...

Partake7 has a professional digital marketing team and they provide different digital marketing packages md
include virtual platforms like YouTube, Google, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Email Marketing, Linked In and much more to promote your business in the USA,
bringing more customers to you and increase your sales resulting in an increase in your revenue.