10.17.2007

the week is almost over...

Today is Wednesday, which for me is a rather boring but productive day. I usually spend my Wednesdays doing the IronMan (those of you with dirty minds...shame on you.) The IronMan is, well, a blow-up man, essentially, that I put all of Joakim's workshirts on to get them perfectly smooth with no creases. It's an amazing invention, really, but time-consuming. Each shirt takes about 20 minutes, so that means that I usually can't go anywhere on Wednesdays cause I'm running back and forth to switch the shirts. But on Wednesdays I usually run my errands into town to go to the bank, or the market. Then I sit in the house and switch shirts and loads of laundry all day. The amount of clothing that five people go through is incredible.

Last night I had my first Bible study with the girls from my church here in Stockholm, New Life. It was really cool, as there were two Americans, a South African, a Malaysian, a Swede and a Russian girl that has a Nigerian father. How multi-cultural is that?? But they are all great women and I'm really looking forward to getting to know them. It was also in a really cool part of town that I hadn't been to yet, so it's always nice to find new places to explore. Although I really haven't done much of that yet. I guess I'm waiting for winter to come.

I have the kids all this weekend while the parents are in Lithuania for a weekend vacation with some friends of theirs. It should be interesting, since each child is involved in different activities, and I'll be the one running them around from place to place. I'm terrified I'm going to take Kasper to ski school when really, he was supposed to be at track and field. However, their grandparents are going to be here for a couple days, so that should make things a bit easier for me.

Hmmm...not much other news. Next Friday I go to Paris! I'm so, so excited to see the city, but also to meet my great new friend, Connie. And a week from this Sunday is my 26th birthday. I think that's a once-in-a-lifetime experience, spending your birthday in Paris. I am so, so blessed.

I'm going to try and post pictures with my blogs from now on, but I can't guarantee that they'll always be relative to the post! In keeping with that, here's a couple pictures of Sixten -

the poor little thing had passed out in the living room right before dinner - strangely, they don't take naps at school here


this is his favorite food - spaghetti noodles with ketchup. these kids put ketchup on everything



Hope everyone is having a great week!

No comments: