4.19.2008

3 months, 12 days

that's how long until i come home...yes, you can be assured that i have a countdown going. someone told me recently that it seems like all i do is travel, go on these great adventures, have all this international, ridiculous, non-working fun, and i would agree. but i want everyone to know, being thousands of miles away from home, having a 6 or 7 hour time difference to the people you're used to talking to on a daily basis, and naming fewer friends than i could count on one hand, definitely makes life a lot lonelier than i think people realize. i can't express how many days and hours i sit in my cottage, wondering what on earth to do...and just WISHING it would be 8pm, cause that's when i can usually reach people on their lunch hour at home.

don't get me wrong, i get out and see and do things...but still, nothing is like being home, and lately it feels like all i do is miss it.

well, i'm going to have a 'wine and cheese' night with a couple of my girlfriends here...problem right now is that we have 1 bottle of wine between the three of us because the liquor stores close at 3pm here and i couldn't get over there cause my car was being cleaned. so, we'll see how that goes :) oh, and here's something pretty crazy - the girl's house that we're meeting at? the parents have a private jet. yeah, that's how these families roll...

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

So, I miss you very much and really really want you here in Georgia. Especially since everyone else is leaving...Marla, Rodney, Shaniece and Demond will all be gone in the next 2 months.

Oh, and yesterday I was asleep when you called. I tried to pick up just after the last ring, but missed it. I love you!