4.29.2008

let me just say -

i have some things that are really annoying me these days and i feel the need to (publicly) share them. if any of them apply to you, sorry.

1. people who love their dogs so much that they take them everywhere. the store, to dinner, on the train, to your home even though there's children present that are terrified of it, and pretty much anywhere that doesn't have a 'no dogs allowed' sign. they are ANIMALS, people.

2. women with mouths like truckers. be a lady.

3. clubs in Stockholm. you literally have to be on a list to get into them during 'payday weekend', which is once a month. i'm not much for clubs, and this just confirms why. i stood outside of the new hip one, Village, this past Saturday night for almost an hour. and we didn't even get in.

4. bagging MY OWN GROCERIES. Grocery Store Managers of Stockholm, this is highly unintelligent of you as it creates chaos and cluster whenever someone has more than 2 bags of groceries (which isn't often as everyone goes to the store, like, once a day. but still). and it's highly, highly rude and disrespectful to the elderly.

5. private blogs. whatever, if people want them, then fine. but seriously. it annoys me still.

aaaand to balance that off, here's a few things i'm loving these days -

1. strawberry banana smoothies w/low fat, low sugar vanilla yogurt
2. bracelets - i just bought my first two today! a package of skinny gold bangles and a chunky round brushed gold and blue one. both at H&M, duh
3. curling my hair with a wide barrel curling iron
4. this ring....yes, i am looking. a girl should know what she wants, right?
5. roasted apple chips and Pink Lady apples (can you tell my favorite fruit...)

speaking of food, i had a veggie burger tonight that was surprisingly really good. so good i checked the box to make sure it really was made of soy...you can never be too sure when you don't speak the language.

oh, and by the way, tomorrow is a big holiday in Sweden, apparently - they burn wood from trees and have a big bonfire and cookout. two things i love...perfect.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Woo hoo! None of them apply to me! I totally love my dogs like people, but luckily like the kind of people that stay at home all the time and occasionally take a walk, which I view as completely acceptable, if not a little bit embarrassing as a pet owner that I do not walk my dog daily.

catherine said...

I agree with the private blogs? whats the point? ...and I love those pink lady apples too, so yummy.

Annie said...

hey do you remember when you were slightly obsessed with whole milk french vanilla yogurt...well apartenly now its my turn. i can't get enough...its so dang good!