4.06.2008

the final two

as i had mentioned, my life had been pretty crazy since, well, February 9th, when Brad came to visit. i had four visitors from the February 9th to March 19th, and while i loved seeing every single one of them, it was a little hectic. the final two was my stepdad, who i just refer to as my dad, and my little sister.

it was interesting having them here cause it's just a funny thing to entertain people in someone else's home. my little cottage isn't big at all, so having the three of us squeezed in there every night for dinner got to be a little much, but it's a good thing we all love each other SO MUCH. right, jeff? :)

out of all my visitors, i'm pretty sure i saw more of stockholm with them than anyone else. my dad wanted to see all there was - every museum, old historical building, palace, etc. so that's what we did - we took a boat tour of Stockholm, went to a couple different history museums, went to the Old Town, went to the Vasa Museum, which is the home of the recovered Vasa warship from the 14th or 15th Century (i'm so bad with dates...). needless to say, i have seen enough of Stockholm in the last month to last me for the REST of my life.

here's some (unedited, grrr) pictures of their trip:


this is jeff, my dad. his midlife crisis purchase was dark-rimmed glasses, and i love to tease him :)


this is Victoria, AKA Tori. she's 14 and a sassy pants. i love her.


this is at Skansen, an outdoor museum


also at Skansen - the sky was AMAZING that day


me and my peanut - i looked a lot like her at her age


again, at Skansen


the Changing of the Guards at the Royal Palace


a view of Stockholm from the boat tour


they were very patient with me and my need to take pictures of EVERYTHING


a tower in the middle of the city - a landmark, of sorts


i took a lot more pictures, but these are just a few of their visit. THANKS for coming, guys!

No comments: