9.09.2007

another rainy day

seriously, it's been sunny ONE day since I've been here. The track record is not looking good, at this point...the sun will randomly come out every now and then, but as a general rule, it is always cloudy here. Yuck. But this brings me to an important point -

the necessity of galoshes. Okay, so back in the States I would always look at galoshes and think, "Gosh, they're cute, but I'd never wear them and then would probably feel dumb when I did." So I never bought any. But then I get here and it's rainy every single day, and I've soaked through numerous pairs of shoes and have changed many a soggy-bottomed pants in the middle of the day. While it stinks that it's perpetually cloudy and wet, it does finally make it necessary for me to purchase galoshes! Annelie and I went to InterSport, the sporting goods store here, and they had a pair I liked for 500 kronors -that's equal to 71 AMERICAN DOLLARS. See, everything here is waaaay overpriced. I didn't buy any yet, but I think this week when I'm in Stockholm for class I'll go look at some shoe stores. H&M had a goofy pair that had flowers and laced up...definitely not my style.

I did my first solo driving today. I have to take the kids to dagis (American equivalent to daycare) tomorrow, and so I wanted to make absolutely sure that I knew where I was going. I took a couple wrong turns, but always sorted myself out and eventually got to where I was going.

Well, my stomach is a-growlin' so I'm going to get me some dinner going. I hope everyone that reads this is doing well, stay in touch!!

2 comments:

Bobbie said...

Didn't I tell you that target had a cute pair for like 25 bucks? Hope you find some your style!!

Anonymous said...

This is an opportunity of a lifetime. I can't wait to read you blogs throughout the year. I love the way you write it's very interesting and entertaining. Do you drive on the left hand side of the road? Is the steering wheel on the right side of the car or on the left?

Janet