9.04.2007

I really am...

...an American girl in Stockholm! I touched down this morning at 7:30am and have spent the day meeting my new family and seeing the city of Stockholm and the island of Lidingo, which I'm living on. I'm absolutely exhausted and jetlagged right now - on my way to bed in a moment - but I wanted to write and let everyone know that I'm HERE and there is no other place on earth that I'm supposed to be except for here. It was difficult saying goodbye at the airport in Chicago - I cried for about an hour after my family left, all the way through security and to my gate - but as soon as I landed in Stockholm, I immediately felt peace in my heart. I know this is where I'm supposed to be, despite how much the unknown scares me.

A few notes -
1.) Stockholm is actually laid out a lot like the US road system
2.) My Swedish family lives in this big, beautiful white house that has all sorts of windows AND A PICKET FENCE
3.) My cottage is adorably cute and cozy
4.) So far the food hasn't killed me...had a good salad for lunch and salmon for dinner

Okay, I'm going to bed. My poor little eyes are hardly staying open right now.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Seanna, just wanted you to know I'm trying to remember to pray for you. I hope you have a great time there, and enjoy seeing the world. blessings!

Jackson said...

Hey, good luck in Sweden. At least with the blonde hair, you'll fit in and all.

I meant to get ahold of you before you left, but obviously I didn't follow through. Typical me.

Anonymous said...

Yeah!! You're there and you have a picket fence! I am glad you have a peace about everything, and I can't wait to hear more about everything and pictures!!

I was thinking about you yesterday, leaving etc. and couldn't really believe that this big "event" you had been planning for months was finally here. We're praying for you Seanna!

-Annie

Peter said...

I'm proud of you Seanna! It's takes guts to leave everything you knew behind and go into the unknown. Looking forward to your future blogs.

Anonymous said...

Hello gorgeous! I'm so excited for you and am glad that you feel the peace you should right now. I love you more than Chipotle, and I'm about to email you. Muah!
-s-