7.25.2008

the final countdown

that's right....T-7 days. this is my final week in Europe...my final Friday, my final weekend, everything. and while i know i will miss my family here like crazy, i can't help but be THRILLED to be going home!

the plan, as of now, is to get in next Thursday into Minneapolis at 10:45pm, where i'll be picked up by Bobbie, my MPLS bff, and be whisked away to Applebees for a Perfect Margarita! yes, seriously, that is the first thing i want upon touching down in the United States. a margarita from Applebees. low class, perhaps. do i care? not at all. besides, my first choice would be a Chipotle burrito, but they close at 10pm. unfortunately. oh, and let's not forget the American-sized appetizer nachos from Applebees. those were a staple in college, and i love them to this day.

Friday i'm hoping to get something done with this mop of mine that barely passes as 'hair' right now...on the wishlist, a good cut and color from the Elizabeth Arden Red Door Salon. expensive and definitely more $$ than i would want to spend, but it's worth it. they do a great job. i just may not be eating for the next month. that night, my wonderful, amazing, sweet, handsome, manly boyfriend is taking me to dinner at Maggiano's, a fabulous Italian restaurant, and then taking me back to Hayward, Wisconsin, his hometown, which is soon to be my new residence!

alright, klara's taken over my lap and demanded we have a picnic outside...next to the French cows. cute, right? the bells were nice the first day, now they're just borderline annoying.

hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments: