7.21.2008

help me, Jesus! help me, Tom Cruise!

'help me, Oprah!'

those are one of my favorite lines in the Southern Classic movie, Talladega Nights. Will Ferrell, he's a funny man.

anyway, i'm at my new home, Wayne's Coffee, in Stockholm, and i'm tying to work on my resume. for some reason, i have absolutely no motivation to do so (even though this girl is very unemployed once i get home, and am going to need a job, STAT)...i decided that, after a year of working with 3 children - and those said children having a low level of English comprehension, thus making my communication with them extremely simple and basic - i have forgotten how to write professionally and intelligently. seriously. i have been working on my resume for TWO WEEKS and i'm still struggling.

for the countdown - NINE DAYS til i'm home! i only have three full days left in Stockholm...tomorrow, and then the two days after we get home from France before i fly back. it's so crazy to think about...my weekends in Sweden are all up. speaking of which, a few people have asked me what's going to happen to the blog here once i get home - i've been thinking it over...do i keep it up, shut it down...and i'm leaning towards keeping it up. i've really gotten into this whole thing! but the 'angle' will be a surprise, how about that? it'll be fun one, probably similar to this particular 'american girl in a new country' theme.

anyway. i need to work on the resume/CV...but i'll leave you with a few pictures i took at the summer house.

4 comments:

Puttin' On The GRITS said...

Beautiful as always. You better keep a blog!

connie said...

You know...I never thought about going black and white with the nature pics. Hmmmm, you've got me thinking now...

connie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
connie said...

You know, I STILL laugh when I see the title of this blog. Not just a chuckle, but like a loud holler of a laugh.