7.17.2008

i could do this

this morning we went to the golf course to hit some balls at the driving range and then have lunch (cause we all hate cooking). this was our second time this week going, and maybe my....i don't know, 5th or 6th time going to the driving range? and while i never really seem to improve, i am finally managing to hit the ball every time, which puts me right on par with klara's abilities. but anyway.

so here we are, at the golf course, and i'm whacking balls about 50 feet away with the driver (that's bad, right?), and everyone around me is wearing khaki shorts, or pants, tennis shoes, sensible polos and nylon jackets. ew. not like what i'm wearing is much better: white shorts, navy-and-white striped shirt, flip flops (i'm not even sure these are allowed), and my standard big dangly earrings and big sunglasses. it was cute, if not completely impractical.

i'm really getting into the whole golfing thing, minus the over-60 'golf uniform', when we go to eat lunch at the clubhouse and i see her. the young golfer girl who has redeemed the fashion of the golf world.... she's wearing long, skinny black shorts, a bright pink tank top, a gray and bright pink argyle sweater, and black and pink Puma golf shoes. And, in a nod to N.M.B (i thought of you today!), giant pearl earrings. she topped the whole outfit off with a skinny pink headband.

i was sold, and decided then and there that, when i get home, i'm picking up golf. AND a cute argyle sweater.

4 comments:

Annie said...

didn't we go to the driving range ones (was that in hayward?) if you hit the ball everytime that is quite the improvement over me (and your past skill)!

connie said...

I'm totally a closet golf lover. I love to drive some balls and play, but never have anyone to go with. A good friend from college was on the golf team and taught me how to play. Not many people know that, but if you were to move to Texas I would totally play with you.

Stephanie said...

yeah, I'm pretty sure I'd hit the ball about 40% of the time. I can rock some mini-golf though, you'd better watch out!

cam said...

I love golf. Over the 4th of July, we had a huge golf tournament in my family - Dan and I came in 3rd!

And this is funny, cause I totally dressed for the part - I found a Ralph Lauren polo shirt on sale, with a little American flag emblem, khaki shorts, and or course, pearl earrings.

Anyway, you're almost home! And I'm almost gone! Time is flying by!