7.05.2008

lazy saturday

made it back to Stockholm safely this morning after a looong flight - as i said below, it was a 10 hour flight, but it left Bangkok at 1am (you can only imagine the bright, cheerful kiddos we were hauling through 8 concourses at 12:55am...my family here tends to wait til the last minute), so once they served our meals, which took about an hour and a half, they shut the lights off for the rest of the flight. sounds ideal, right? but seriously, i have such a hard time sleeping on airplanes, especially when the random man behind me is snoring loud enough for the entire plane to hear him. add to that about 3 straight hours of steady turbulence - no matter how much i fly, i still think the plane is crashing when it starts to shake - and sleeping is just not an easy thing.

but i suffered through, and here i am, sitting at a coffee shop in downtown Stockholm and charging the internet to my cell phone. which i don't pay for. but the internet is again broken at the house, so that leaves me few options.

anyway, let's see...here's a few pictures from Bali -


the villa - everything was outdoors, except the bedrooms



this is me being really, really excited at the great big bathtub that awaits me :)



there really were palm trees growing out of the ceiling in our bathroom

sixten in his swimming goggles

me and my Swedes. i love them. even klara, when she refuses to smile, or even look at the camera.

this is at the monkey forest - the humidity was ridiculous...which leads me to the question, why am i wearing my hair down??

me with the little men - sixten would not quit making kung fu moves during this picture

annelie with klara. she's a great mom.

these men were playing for a group of young Balinese dancers

a woman carrying her daily offering to the Hindu god through the market

i have more pictures, but these are the ones on my computer. all in all, it was a great trip, but i think i liked Thailand a lot more. i'm a beach girl to the core, and the beaches in Bali were nowhere near as beautiful as those in Thailand.

well, i need to wrap it up here. my hair is seriously about to commit a mutiny on my head if i don't get the ends trimmed, so that's my goal for the weekend. and to get my resume/cover letter/transcripts/references together...ugh. i hate doing stuff like that.

hope everyone had a great 4th of July!

1 comment:

Puttin' On The GRITS said...

Wow! That bathroom is amazing! And you are beautiful! You pull off that "I roll out of bed and look this pretty" look better than anyone!