7.04.2008

independence day...in bangkok?

i'm sitting here in the bangkok airport, checking my email and waiting to get on my flight back to Stockholm. i can't say i'm looking forward to it, except for the fact that this job does afford me the luxury of flying business class, which i can't even begin to express the wonders of it...at least on these long, long flights.

my mind is jumbled up with thoughts and words, and i've got an antsy little 5 year old sitting on my lap (not sure what she's waiting for...probably to play Barbies or do her sticker book for the eight millionth time. in the last hour), but i just need you all to know -

i miss home. home, as in, America. i can safely say after spending a year abroad that lots of people hate the US, but without fail, time and time again, i am constantly hearing how people are interested in America, want to live there, think it's great, etc, etc.

i have been to a good number of countries this past year, and all i can say is, (in my mind) -

America is the best dang place in the world. the land of the free, and the home of the brave, it truly is. hallelujah and amen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've never read so much negativity in my life as in your blog. No wonder so many hate the US if this is what they think americans are like. You need to go back to your little bubble ASAP, where the Lord will do a much better job serviceing his little favorite, then He has done in this outside world. I just feel so sorry for Brad, poor man!